Annual Turkey Trek
Before you gear up for your big Thanksgiving feast, come run the Turkey Trek 5K along Pemberton Historical Park's beautiful nature trails in Salisbury,
Maryland. The race winds through Pemberton Park's forests, meadows and wetlands. Refreshments and holiday pie will be available after the race
(it is Thanksgiving, after all)!
All proceeds from the race go toward Pemberton Nature Camp and other environmental education programs. Thank you for your support of the park.
This year, because of COVID-19 and to follow the Wicomico County Health Department and CDC guidelines, we will offer two race start times to allow
everyone to properly social distance. Each of these time slots is limited to 200 people. New this year is chip timing. No spectators will be
permitted. Click here to read more about the COVID-19 health and safety guidelines we will have in place.
- Date: Thursday, Nov. 26, 2020 (Thanksgiving)
- Times: Runners will sign up in advance for one of the race times.
- Race Time 1
- Runner Check-In: 7-7:45 a.m.
- Race Begins: 8 a.m.
- Race Time 2
- Runner Check-In: 9-9:45 a.m.
- Race Begins: 10 a.m.
- Registration Fee: $35
- All runners registered by Nov. 1, 2020 will be guaranteed a long-sleeved race shirt.
- There will be awards for the overall male and female winners, for the best Thanksgiving costume and for first through third place in the following
- 14U M, 14U F
- 15-19 M, 15-19 F
- 20-29 M, 20-29 F
- 30-39 M, 30-39 F
- 40-49 M, 40-49 F
- 50+ M, 50+ F
There will be no on-site registration this year.
- Register Online
- Download a registration form and mail it to:
Wicomico Recreation, Parks & Tourism
Attn: Turkey Trek
500 Glen Ave.
Salisbury, MD 21804
- Bring a completed registration form and payment to the Wicomico Civic Center Box Office (500 Glen Ave., Salisbury, MD; Open Monday – Friday,
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
Dr. Kate James from Driven Physiotherapy will be on hand prior to the start of the race to lead a group
warm-up. Join her and take advantage of the chance to warm up your muscles before you hit the trails.
We will be collecting canned food donations for Hope and Life Outreach (HALO) Ministries in Salisbury
for the organization's Thanksgiving dinner for people in need. The leftover pie from this event will also be donated to HALO.
Turkey Trek 2020
Turkey Trek 2019
Turkey Trek 2018
Turkey Trek 2017
Turkey Trek 2016
Turkey Trek 2015
Information for 2020 Event
- There is no on-site registration this year. Upon arrival, you will need to remain in your vehicle for COVID-19 screening and check-in.
- Early packet pickup will be available Wednesday, Nov. 25, at the Wicomico Civic Center box office from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Race starts will take place in socially-distanced waves with chip timing.
- No pets are allowed.
- No spectators are allowed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- All awards will be mailed out after both races have concluded.
- Refreshments will be available on a to-go basis after the race.
- We ask that once you have finished your race to pick up your refreshments and leave the event.
Please review the return to racing guidelines linked above. Those who fail to agree to screening and the return to racing guidelines will not
be allowed to participate and asked to leave the premises.
If you are not feeling well or are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.